Here’s a brief review of several different types of barrier gates available to protect your perimeter and enhance security.
Pictured above is an operator for a slide gate barriers recently installed in a Chicago northwest suburban location.
- Horizontal barrier arm gates generally rotate from a 12 o’clock (open) position to three o’clock (closed). Available in many stock lengths as well as articulating designs applicable for low ceilings such as in parking garages.
- Swing gates that are hinged on one side. These open and close just like a door.
- Slide gates which, of course, slide back and forth across the pavement. They may slide on wheels or rollers. They may also ride along a metal track in the ground.
- Cantilever gates are supported by posts and run inside the fence structure along rails.
- Vertical pivot lift gates which rotate vertically in and out of the gate opening.
- Bi-fold gates consisting of two panels that fold back (like bi-fold doors in a house) to allow access.
Many factors determine the right gate for your application. These include the width of access, available adjoining property, level of security, physical environment and aesthetics, budget, etc.
Visit Automatic Vehicle Gate Systems for more information.
Let ECI design a barrier gate system that is right for you. Call 847.949.0134 to discuss. We also service and maintain existing gate protection. Or click below for direct contact information.