Is the manual (pictured left) vehicle revenue control payment station going to be obsolete in the not too distant future?
You should be prepared for some changes in the design and operation of parking control systems according to a recently published article in Local Transport Today. The article entitled “Prepare for the future of parking” highlights some changes you might expect to see, including:
- Recharge your electric car
- Autonomous self-parking vehicles
- Payment systems that are automated and/or networked
- Mobile payment based systems
- Gathering of and data sharing (comes with the territory)
I might add:
- Can hydrogen fueling stations be excluded?
- Robot parking attendants (See “Do Robots Contribute More Efficient Parking Control Systems”)
I found a very interesting idea about meshing all the available data in the future “…with road traffic management, vehicle-to-vehicle data, public transport and trip planning systems to make parking part of an intelligent mobility infrastructure.” This represents quite a challenge to government as well as the vehicle revenue and access control system industry and its users.
Further on, the article states that parking facility operators must “make it easier for drivers and their cars to park conveniently and compliantly” in the future.
ECI can help you meet the challenges you are facing with such factors as technology, smarter and well equipped consumers, smart cars, artificial intelligence, and more. For information call us today at 847.949.0134 or link below to our contact page: